Who should not take Methotrexate?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- condition resulting from a defective immune system
- low blood counts due to bone marrow failure
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- a condition where there is formation of fibrous tissue in the lung called pulmonary fibrosis
- canker sores
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory condition of the intestines
- hardening of the liver caused by alcohol
- hardening of the liver
- excess liver fibrous tissue
- severe liver disease
- decreased kidney function
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Methotrexate?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.