Who should not take DIGOXIN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- a heart attack
- cor pulmonale
- constrictive pericarditis, or constrictive inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- atrioventricular block, a type of slow heart rhythm disorder
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- ventricular fibrillation, a heart rhythm disorder
- sick sinus syndrome
- sinus bradycardia
- inflammation of the middle tissue heart muscle
- poisoning by the heart medication digitalis
- restrictive cardiomyopathy
- amyloid heart muscle disease
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using digoxin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.