Who should not take IFOSFAMIDE-MESNA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- cancer metastasis to bone
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- Fanconi syndrome, a condition of the kidneys resulting in excessive urination, thirst and vomiting
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- generalized disorder of peripheral nerves
- liver problems
- renal tubular acidosis
- decreased kidney function
- inflammation and bleeding of the bladder due to chemotherapy
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- impaired wound healing
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- operation to remove kidney tissue
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Ifex/Mesnex intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.