What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Dolasetron Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; NO DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY SEEN IN ANIMALS
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE BREASTMILK EXCRETION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiac-QT and PR prolongation risks. Use electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring in patients with congestive heart failure, bradycardia, AV block, underlying heart disease, the elderly and in patients who are renally impaired. Correct hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia before administering. Renal-The major active metabolite, hydrodolasetron, is renally excreted. Monitoring the ECG in the elderly is recommended.
Giving Dolasetron Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Caution with cardiac structure or conduction abnormality. Reports of SVT, MI, death in pediatrics.
- Severe Precaution: Cardiac arrhythmia risk. Safety & efficacy not established in pediatrics age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.