What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Benazepril HCL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FETAL DEATH/MORBIDITY W/USE IN 2ND & 3RD TRIMESTER, STOP WHEN PREGNANCY DETECTED
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTED AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK LESS THAN 0.1% OF MATERNAL DOSE.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Monitor for increased serum creatinine or hyperkalemia. Cardiovascular-Increased risk for hypotension in the elderly.
Giving Benazepril HCL to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended age <1 year or GFR< 30mL/min. Unknown risk on kidney development. No long term studies on growth and development.
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended age <6 years. No long term studies on growth and development.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.