What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: DRUG MAY CONCENTRATE IN MILK. POTENTIAL LETHARGY & SEDATION.
- Precaution: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-High risk of dependence and sedation. High fall risk drug. Generally avoid in the elderly. General- Withdrawn from market in Canada August 2013.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended for pediatrics less than 6 years. Withdrawn from Canadian market August 2013.
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using meprobamate-aspirin oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.