What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Venlafaxine HCL ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: NON-TERATOGENIC COMPLICATIONS (RESP, GI,CNS) WITH EXPOSURE DURING 3RD TRIMESTER
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: NO KNOWN INFANT ADV EFFECTS WITH SHORT TERM TX, LONG TERM CNS EFFECTS UNKNOWN
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-May need to adjust dose especially in combination with renal impairment. Renal-Decrease initial dose by 25% in mild to moderate renal impairment. Endocrine-Increased risk of SIADH and hyponatremia resulting in an increased risk of falls. Cardiovascular-Elderly at increased risk for orthostatic hypotension.
Giving Venlafaxine HCL ER to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Suicide precaution. Slowed growth rate, weight loss. Monitor height and weight, blood pressure, cholesterol. Risk of sustained hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, agitation. No safety and efficacy done beyond 6 months of treatment.
- Severe Precaution: No safety and efficacy. Possible suicide risk, reduced growth rate, appetite loss.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.