Who should not take RITUXAN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a herpes simplex infection
- an unusual viral infection called cytomegalovirus infection
- an infection due to a fungus
- pneumonia with a fungus called Pneumocystis jirovecii
- a bad infection
- high amount of phosphate in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- angina, a type of chest pain
- ventricular arrhythmias, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- acute kidney failure
- decreased kidney function
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- infection caused by the varicella zoster virus
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- resolved hepatitis B
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- a type of immune system problem called hypogammaglobulinemia
- hepatitis C
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- disease due to West Nile virus
- parvovirus infection
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using rituximab intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.