Who should not take PACERONE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- deposits on the eye
- sudden blindness and pain upon moving the eye
- optic neuropathy, a disease of the optic nerve
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal functioning of the sinus node of the heart
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- inflammation in the lungs due to an allergic reaction
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- pneumonia with high amount of eosinophil white blood cells
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- liver problems
- recent operation
- blood circulation failure due to serious heart condition
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- laser surgery on cornea of eye
- fainting from slow heart beat
- bleeding in the alveoli of the lungs
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Cordarone oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.