What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Librium Capsule to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: SHOULD BE AVOIDED ESPEC DURING 1ST TRIMESTER;RISK OF CONGENITAL MALFORMAT
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL; LOW MW, EXCRETION IS POSSIBLE; NOT REC PER BRIGGS
If you are an adult over 60
- Contraindication: Neuro/Psych-Sedation and fall risk. Long half-life benzodiazepines are generally not preferred in the elderly. If used, limit dose to 20mg/day.
Giving Librium Capsule to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of CNS depression or paradoxical reaction. Limited clinical experience age < 6 years. Not recommended.
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of paradoxical reaction, excitement in hyperactive or aggressive patient. Monitor behavior.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.