Who should not take PRIMAQUINE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- deficiency of the blood enzyme cytochrome b5 reductase
- a type of blood disorder where the red blood cells burst called hemolytic anemia
- decreased function of bone marrow
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- ventricular arrhythmias, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Primaquine oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.