What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pediatrim Suspension to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: CAUTION IN INFANT WITH HYPERBILIRUBINEMIA; SHOULD NOT USE IN G6PD-DEF INFANT
- No Known Risk: NO REPORTED ADVERSE EFFECTS ON 50 INFANTS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Rare risk of hyperkalemia. May need to monitor potassium and renal function. Monitor serum potassium and for folate deficiency with underlying impairment. Reduce dose CrCL < 30 mL/min. Avoid if CrCL < 15 mL/min.
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Impairment increases risk of severe adverse reactions (e.g. severe skin reactions). Hepatic-Decreased hepatic function of aging increases risks of severe adverse reactions.
Giving Pediatrim Suspension to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Possible bilirubin displacement with kernicterus. Exceptional use for PCP prophylaxis.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.