What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Capozide Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FETAL DEATH/MORBIDITY W/USE IN 2ND & 3RD TRIMESTER, STOP WHEN PREGNANCY DETECTED
- Possibly Safe: NOT RECOMMENDED IN PRE-ECLAMPSIA AND OTHER PREGNANCY-INDUCED HYPERTENSION.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST AMT EXCRETED MINIMAL, NO ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
- Precaution: LIMITED AMOUNTS EXCRETED WITH NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Increased sensitivity to effects on blood pressure. Metabolic-more likely to develop hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia. Endocrine-May worsen glucose control in diabetics. Renal-Not effective with CrCL < 30mL/min.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension more closely in the elderly. Metabolic-Monitor for hyperkalemia which has a higher incidence in the elderly. Renal-Increased risk for neutropenia in patients with renal impairment.
Giving Capozide Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor for excessive and prolonged decrease in blood pressure, urine output, especially neonates. Reports of prolonged hypotension, oliguria and seizures. No established safety and efficacy.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.