What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Clonidine Hcl W/Chlorthalidone Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS TO INFANT.
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; ASSESS BENEFIT VS. POTENTIAL RISK
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Risk for orthostatic hypotension, falls. Caution with conduction abnormalities. Neuro/Psych-Risk of somnolence, fatigue.
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Potassium wasting more common in the elderly. Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to blood pressure changes. Renal-Less effective in severe renal impairment.
Giving Clonidine Hcl W/Chlorthalidone Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy data in children.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.