What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Altex Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE.
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY LOW; INFANT EXPOSURE MAY BE MINIMAL
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE BREASTMILK EXCRETION
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
Giving Altex Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No established efficacy for cough and cold products age < 2 years. Do not use unless directed by clinician consultation.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS excitation. Do not use age <6 years without clinician consult.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.