What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Spironazide Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: THEORETICAL RISK BASED ON DRUG MECHANISM OF ACTION.
- Possibly Safe: NOT RECOMMENDED IN PRE-ECLAMPSIA AND OTHER PREGNANCY-INDUCED HYPERTENSION.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL AMOUNT EXCRETED, W/ NO RESULTING ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Precaution: LIMITED AMOUNTS EXCRETED WITH NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Increased sensitivity to effects on blood pressure. Metabolic-more likely to develop hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia. Endocrine-May worsen glucose control in diabetics. Renal-Not effective with CrCL < 30mL/min.
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Increased risk for hyperkalemia in patients with severe renal impairment due to potassium sparing effects..
Giving Spironazide Tablet to a child under 12
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.