Who should not take HALOPERIDOL LACTATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- thyrotoxicosis crisis
- untreated decreased level of thyroid hormones
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- extrapyramidal disease, a type of movement disorder
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- angina, a type of chest pain
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- low blood pressure
- decreased lung function
- liver problems
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- impairment of central nervous system due to medication
- tobacco smoking
- dementia in an elderly person
- abnormal muscle movements
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Haldol oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.