What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Guanfacine HCL ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MONITOR INFANT FOR POOR FEEDING; LETHARGY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-More sensitive to bradycardia and orthostatic hypotension. Neuro/Psych-May be highly sedating. May exacerbate pre-existing depression. Renal-Use caution with renal impairment; monitor blood pressure closely.
Giving Guanfacine HCL ER to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Behavioral changes reported including suicidality. Safety and effectiveness not established age < 6 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor for behavioral changes including suicidality.
- management or monitoring precaution: Long acting dose form approved age >5 years. Reports of aggression, manic behavior, hallucinations, suicide. Safety and effectiveness not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.