What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering GUANFACINE HCL ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MONITOR INFANT FOR POOR FEEDING; LETHARGY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-More sensitive to bradycardia and orthostatic hypotension. Neuro/Psych-May be highly sedating. May exacerbate pre-existing depression. Renal-Use caution with renal impairment; monitor blood pressure closely.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Behavioral changes reported including suicidality. Safety and effectiveness not established age < 6 years.
- Severe Precaution: Monitor for behavioral changes including suicidality.
- Severe Precaution: Long acting dose form approved age >5 years. Reports of aggression, manic behavior, hallucinations, suicide. Safety and effectiveness not established.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using guanfacine HCL ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.