Who should not take FUROSEMIDE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- low amount of chloride in the blood
- hearing loss
- a heart attack
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- low blood pressure
- blockage of the urinary bladder
- enlarged prostate
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- blood circulation failure due to serious heart condition
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- decreased blood volume
- metabolic alkalosis, an acid-base imbalance of the blood
- cessation of urine production
- a low amount of protein in the blood
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using furosemide?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.