What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering LANSOPRAZOL-AMOXICIL-CLARITHRO to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe:
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE HUMAN DATA SUGGEST DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY RISK IS LOW
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE HUMAN DATA DO NOT SUG DEV TOX
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAIL; LOW MW, EXCRETION POSSIBLE
- Precaution: LOW AMOUNT EXCRETED UNLIKELY TO AFFECT NURSING INFANT;MONITOR FOR DIARRHEA
- Precaution: MAY CAUSE SENSITIZATION, DIARRHEA OR RASH IN NURSING INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-May need to adjust dosage for renal impairment.
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-May require dosage adjustment with severe renal impairment to minimize risk of QT-prolongation. Cardiovascular-Contraindicated in patients with pre-existing QT prolongation. Elderly may be more susceptible to Torsades de Pointes.
Giving LANSOPRAZOL-AMOXICIL-CLARITHRO to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare reports of tooth discoloration or staining; may be reduced with cleaning or brushing.
- management or monitoring precaution: Adhere to recommended dose and duration of therapy. Unknown safety and efficacy for long term treatment.
- management or monitoring precaution: Efficacy not established in pediatric trials for symptomatic GERD age <1 year.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 6 months.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.