Who should not take Acitretin?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- excessive fat in the blood
- psychotic disorder
- pseudotumor cerebri, a condition with high fluid pressure in the brain
- capillary leak syndrome, a condition where fluid leaks out of small blood vessels
- severe liver disease
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- bone overgrowth
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- low HDL cholesterol
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Acitretin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.