What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Salmeterol Miscellaneous to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases, particularly coronary insufficiency, since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Giving Salmeterol Miscellaneous to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Fixed-dose combination product with glucocorticoid recommended for treatment of asthma. Do not use for acute asthma.
- Severe Precaution: Safety & efficacy not established age <4 years. Not for use in acute asthma attack.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.