What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Methotrexate Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: REPORTS OF EMBRYOTOXICITY, FETAL DEATH, ABORTION
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED; POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal- Consider lower dose. Monitor closely for early signs of renal, hepatic and bone toxicity especially with renal impairment Hepatic-Monitor LFTs regularly Hematologic-Monitor CBC regularly. Consider folate supplement with chronic use Pulmonary-Monitor closely for symptoms suggestive of fibrosis.
Giving Methotrexate Vial to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Increased neurotoxicity when used for acute lymphocytic leukemia.
- Severe Precaution: Warning with benzyl alcohol. Caution with immature renal function.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.