What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Arthritis Foundation 200 Mg Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe:
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN RISK; OTC PRODUCT, NO FDA PREGNANCY WARNINGS
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: NO FDA CATEGORY; NOT RECOMMENDED ESPECIALLY IN 3RD TRIMESTER OR NEAR TERM
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: PREMATURE CLOSURE OF DUCTUS ARTERIOSUS, AVOID DURING 3RD TRIMESTER
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS IN BREAST MILK, WITH NO KNOWN RESULTING ADVERSE EFFECT ON INFANT
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INCREASED DROWSINESS, AND IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Aspirin doses > 325 mg/day carry an increased risk for hemorrhage, GI bleed and ulceration. Lower doses preferred.
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Maximum of 25mg/day. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Risk for ulceration or serious GI bleed; highest with history of PUD or GI bleed. Renal-Risk for exacerbation of CKD. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing hypertension or CHF. Risk of cardiovascular thrombotic events, including MI and stroke. This risk may occur early in treatment and increases with duration of use. Risk for reinfarction with minimal NSAID use post-MI. Contraindicated with CABG. Hepatic-Elevated hepatic transaminases may occur with chronic use.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly are more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose of 3000mg is advised.
Giving Arthritis Foundation 200 Mg Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: Use with caution and with clinician consultation. Risk of adverse CNS effects includes sedation or paradoxical excitation.
- management or monitoring precaution: Use with caution and with clinician consultation. Risk of adverse CNS effects include sedation or paradoxical excitation.
- Contraindication: Possible risk of CNS excitation, convulsions in newborns.
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy for children less than 6 months not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.