What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Maprin A/D Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVOID CHRONIC HIGH DOSE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: NO FDA CATEGORY; NOT RECOMMENDED ESPECIALLY IN 3RD TRIMESTER OR NEAR TERM
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: POOR GI ABSORPTION
- No Known Risk: EXCRETED IN ANIMAL STUDIES;POOR GI ABSORPTION
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause constipation. Overuse may affect bone mineralization.
Giving Maprin A/D Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare risk of osteomalacia with high dose therapy.
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
- management or monitoring precaution: Not recommended as an antacid age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.