What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Anaprin Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: NO FDA CATEGORY; NOT RECOMMENDED ESPECIALLY IN 3RD TRIMESTER OR NEAR TERM
- Only When Necessary: REPORTS OF MISCARRIAGE,POOR FETAL GROWTH POSSIBLY ASSOC W/HIGH DOSES OF CAFFEINE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: HIGH DOSES MAY CAUSE HYPERACTIVITY AND WAKEFULNESS IN INFANT.
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Aspirin doses > 325 mg/day carry an increased risk for hemorrhage, GI bleed, exacerbate or cause ulceration. Lower doses preferred.
Giving Anaprin Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Adverse CNS effects of insomnia, restlessness, nervousness, and mild delirium, more severe in children.
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
- management or monitoring precaution: Caution in: seizure disorder, cardiovascular disease, or in premature neonates with renal or hepatic impairment.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.