What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Gesic Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN RISK; OTC PRODUCT, NO FDA PREGNANCY WARNINGS
- Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN & ANIMAL DATA. FDA CATEGORY C IN MULTI-INGREDIENT PRODUCTS
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL. MAY POSSIBLY CAUSE SEDATION/ANTIMUSCARINIC EFFECTS.
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly are more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose of 3000mg is advised.
Giving Gesic Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- Contraindication: Possible CNS excitation and seizure risk in newborns.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.