Who should not take Panadol-Codeine No.3 Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- caloric undernutrition
- acute liver failure
- liver problems
- a condition where the body is unable to maintain adequate blood flow called shock
- acetaminophen overdose
- acute inflammation of the liver due to hepatitis C virus
- systemic mastocytosis
- untreated decreased level of thyroid hormones
- decreased function of the adrenal gland
- alcohol intoxication
- drug abuse
- cor pulmonale
- low blood pressure
- asthma attack
- decreased lung function
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- severe liver disease
- biliary and gallbladder problem
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- sleep apnea
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- weakened patient
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- high pressure within the skull
- inherited dysfunction of autonomic nerve function
- CYP2D6 ultrarapid metabolizer
- CYP2D6 poor metabolizer
- worsening chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- surgical removal of the adenoids in pediatric patient
- surgical removal of the tonsils in pediatric patient
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- history of opioid overdose
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Panadol-Codeine No.3 Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.