Who should not take Hydromorphone HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- systemic mastocytosis
- decreased function of the adrenal gland
- alcohol intoxication
- drug abuse
- cor pulmonale
- low blood pressure
- asthma attack
- decreased lung function
- paralysis of the intestines
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- liver problems
- biliary and gallbladder problem
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- weakened patient
- weakness and wasting of the body
- high pressure within the skull
- inherited dysfunction of autonomic nerve function
- worsening chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- history of opioid overdose
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Hydromorphone HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.