Who should not take SUCCINYLCHOLINE CHLORIDE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- an infection
- cancer or malignancy
- systemic mastocytosis
- eye surgery
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- inadequate amount of cholinesterase enzyme
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- a disease with shrinking and weaker muscles called myopathy
- increased pressure in the eye
- closed angle glaucoma
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- slow heartbeat
- failure of the heart to maintain adequate circulation
- severe liver disease
- decreased kidney function
- muscle spasm
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- a broken bone
- eye injury
- severe burn
- major traumatic injury
- poisoning by the heart medication digitalis
- a condition with high fevers and muscle contractions called malignant hyperthermia
- susceptible to breathing fluid into lungs
- muscular dystrophy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using succinylcholine chloride injection?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.