What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pain Relief Anti-Fungal Ointment to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: NO HUMAN DATA;NO INCREASE IN MALFORMATIONS IN ANIMAL STUDIES WITH SYSTEMIC USE
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: LIMITED DATA SUG ADV EFFECTS WITH EXPOSURE TO TOPICAL SALICYLATES
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: SMALL AMT OF DRUG ABSORBED SYSTEMICALLY;RISK OF REYE'S SYN W/ORAL SALICYLATES
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; LIKELY COMPATIBLE PER BRIGGS.
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE. NOT RECOMMENDED BY MFR
- Precaution: Effect Unknown
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk for possible acute inflammation or ulceration of the extremities particularly in those patients with decreased circulation to the extremities for any reason.
Giving Pain Relief Anti-Fungal Ointment to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged use or use on extensive skin areas may lead to systemic toxicity, e.g. hemostatic or metabolic changes.
- management or monitoring precaution: Consult clinician for use in pediatrics age< 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.