Who should not take FRAGMIN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- brain operation
- operation on the spine
- eye surgery
- diabetic retinopathy, a type of damage to the eye from diabetes
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- an increased risk of bleeding
- a change in blood platelet function
- a decrease in platelet clotting
- decreased platelets due to the medication heparin
- decreased blood platelets
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- bacterial infection of heart valve
- a hemorrhage in the brain
- abnormal bleeding in the brain resulting in damage to brain tissue, called a hemorrhagic stroke
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- severe liver disease
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- retinal eye changes caused by high blood pressure
- procedure to place indwelling epidural catheter
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- neuraxial anesthesia, local anesthesia injected in the epidural space or subarachnoid space
- deep peripheral nerve block
- deep plexus block
- cerebral amyloid angiopathy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using dalteparin (porcine) subcutaneous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.