Who should not take Sulfasalazine DR?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- severe infection
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
- low blood counts due to bone marrow failure
- Decreased Neutrophils a Type of White Blood Cell
- Stomach or Intestine Blockage
- liver problems
- kidney disease with reduction in kidney function
- Urinary Tract Blockage
- Anemia from Pyruvate Kinase and G6PD Deficiencies
- slow acetylator
- NSAIDS (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug)
- Sulfa (Sulfonamide Antibiotics)
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.