Who should not take SULFASALAZINE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- low blood counts due to bone marrow failure
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- a blockage in the urinary tract
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
- slow acetylator
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using sulfasalazine?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.