What Conditions does Spironolactone Treat?
- high blood pressure
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- accumulation of fluid caused by cirrhosis of the liver
- chronic heart failure
- fluid in the lungs due to chronic heart failure
- accumulation of fluid caused by kidney disease
- diagnostic test for primary hyperaldosteronism
- high levels of a hormone called aldosterone which regulates salt and water in the blood
- accumulation of fluid resulting from chronic heart failure
- prevention of low potassium in the blood
- visible water retention
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- a disease with cysts in the ovaries
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.