Who should not take VORICONAZOLE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- sudden blindness and pain upon moving the eye
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- hardening of the liver
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- abnormal liver function tests
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- CYP2C19 poor metabolizer
- fluoride deposits in bone
- periostitis, or inflammation of connective tissue around bones
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using voriconazole?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.