What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pegasys Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA; ANIMAL DATA SUG DEV TOX
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN NURSING INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-CNS and systemic drug effects may be more severe in the elderly. Renal-Doses should be reduced for CrCL<30mL/min. Incidence of toxic reactions may be higher if CrCL<51 mL/min. Neuro/Psych-Monitor very closely for worsening of or new onset depression.
Giving Pegasys Vial to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor height and weight for impaired growth. Unknown long term effects on growth. Monitor blood counts.
- Contraindication: Contains benzyl alcohol; possible increased incidence of neurologic and respiratory adverse events in neonates and infants. Growth inhibition reported. Contraindicated per manufacturer.
- Severe Precaution: Delays in growth reported in pediatric studies. Safety and efficacy not established age < 3 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.