Who should not take Nicotinic Acid?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- low amount of phosphate in the blood
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- low blood pressure
- bleeding from an artery
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- liver problems
- abnormal liver function tests
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Nicotinic Acid?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.