What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering MIDAZOLAM-0.9% Nacl Syringe to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended: INSUFF HUMAN DATA; POSSIBLE RISK OF CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS W/ BENZODIAZEPINES
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS CAUTION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly at increase risk for hypoxia, respiratory and cardiac arrest. Use reduced dosages and administer with extreme caution.
Giving MIDAZOLAM-0.9% Nacl Syringe to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk of hypotension, seizure with rapid injection. Monitor respiration. Decreased clearance.
- Severe Precaution: Respiratory depression risk increases with concurrent opiate use. Use weight based dosing. Monitor closely.