What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Atomoxetine Capsule to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE ON DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY RISK.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Risks include myocardial infarction, stroke, increased heart rate, hypertension, QT prolongation. Avoid use with severe cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease. Neuro/Psych-Insomnia risk.General-Avoid use with narrow angle glaucoma.Gastrointestinal-May increase anorexia.
Giving Atomoxetine Capsule to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No safety & efficacy age <6 years. Risks associated with cardiac structural abnormalities, cardiomyopathy. Behavioral changes with possible suicidal ideation. May delay growth rate, weight gain. Rare risk of priapism.
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor growth and watch for behavioral changes or suicidal ideation. Risk associated with underlying cardiomyopathy/ cardiac structural defects. Rare risk of priapism.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.