Who should not take STRATTERA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- manic behavior
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- aggressive behavior
- closed angle glaucoma
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- coronary artery disease
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a stroke
- a disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- priapism, a prolonged erection of the penis
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- abnormal liver function tests
- structural disorder of heart
- CYP2D6 poor metabolizer
- an abnormally fast heartbeat
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Strattera?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.