What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Humira Syringe Kit to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: CROSSES PLACENTA;HUMAN AND ANIMAL DATA HAVE SHOWN NO KNOWN EMBRYO/FETAL TOXICITY
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST LOW LEVELS EXCRETED; INFANT ABSORPTION UNLIKELY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Patients older than 65 years of age are at increased risk for severe infection and malignancy ADRs.
Giving Humira Syringe Kit to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not studied age <2 years. Possible malignancy, lymphoma risk. Risk of neutropenia, streptococcal pharyngitis, appendicitis, herpes zoster and simplex, myositis, and metrorrhagia.
- management or monitoring precaution: Higher incidence of infection in pediatrics. Monitor for lymphoma, malignancy, leukemia, appendicitis and rare report of hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.