Who should not take VALPROIC ACID?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high amount of ammonium in the blood
- low amount of albumin proteins in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- suicidal thoughts
- organic mental disorder
- liver problems
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- ornithine carbamoyltransferase deficiency
- hereditary disease causing neurologic dysfunction
- urea cycle disorder
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using valproic acid (bulk)?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.