What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Copegus to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Drug accumulation occurs with CrCL<50mL/min which is documented to increase rates of dose-limiting anemia. Contraindicated with CrCL< 50mL/min. Hepatic-Risk of hepatic decompensation with advanced cirrhosis. Pulmonary-Risks for pneumonitis and fatal pneumonias.
Giving Copegus to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Growth delay observed when used in combination with interferon. Data insufficient to determine if adult height is reduced. Possible suicidal ideation in adolescents, observe behavior.
- Severe Precaution: Reports of growth inhibition in combination therapy with interferon. Limited data to determine if ultimate adult height is reduced. Safety and efficacy not established age < 3 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.