Who should not take PROMETHAZINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased function of bone marrow
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- a low seizure threshold
- closed angle glaucoma
- decreased lung function
- stenosing peptic ulcer
- a narrowing of the opening between the stomach and the small intestine
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- liver problems
- blockage of the urinary bladder
- enlarged prostate
- sleep apnea
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- chronic idiopathic constipation
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Phenergan oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.