Who should not take Fludrocortisone ACETATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- active tuberculosis
- inactive tuberculosis
- an infection due to a fungus
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a hormone disorder where the body produces high levels of cortisol called Cushing's syndrome
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- increased pressure in the eye
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- high blood pressure
- chronic heart failure
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- hardening of the liver
- decreased kidney function
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- fluid retention in the legs, feet, arms or hands
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Fludrocortisone ACETATE?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.