Who should not take SOLU-CORTEF?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- inactive tuberculosis
- herpes simplex infection of the eye
- an infection due to a fungus
- intestinal infection caused by the roundworm Strongyloides
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- insufficiency of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- psychotic disorder
- brain injury
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- a disease with shrinking and weaker muscles called myopathy
- increased pressure in the eye
- wide-angle glaucoma
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- high blood pressure
- chronic heart failure
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- surgical joining of two parts of the intestine
- hardening of the liver
- decreased kidney function
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- decreased calcification or density of bone
- inherited deficiency of argininosuccinate lyase
- inherited carbamoyl phosphate synthetase deficiency
- infection caused by the varicella zoster virus
- ornithine carbamoyltransferase deficiency
- arginase deficiency
- exposure to the measles
- exposure to the chickenpox
- broken bone due to disease or illness
- malaria affecting the brain
- hyperammonemia associated with N-acetylglutamate synthase deficiency
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using hydrocortisone sodium succinate injection?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.