Who should not take Potassium Bicarbonate Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- familial hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
- Thomsen disease
- complete heart block
- severe heart block
- severe renal impairment
- decreased urine production
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- cessation of urine production
- hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Potassium Bicarbonate Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.