Who should not take LOMOTIL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- intestine infection due to the Shigella bacteria
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- infectious diarrhea
- closed angle glaucoma
- severe ulcerative colitis
- liver problems
- acute renal failure in patients with serious liver disease
- a blockage of the bile duct that resulting in high bilirubin levels
- decreased kidney function
- toxin from microorganisms causing diarrhea
- food poisoning caused by Salmonella bacteria
- diarrhea caused by E. coli bacteria
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Lomotil?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.