Who should not take Pravachol?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a hemorrhage in the brain
- significantly low blood pressure
- liver failure
- liver problems
- acute kidney failure
- decreased kidney function
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- memory loss
- high blood sugar
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- muscle pain or tenderness with increase creatine kinase
- metabolic syndrome x
- immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Pravachol?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.