Who should not take Methimazole?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a type of blood disorder with a decrease in all types of blood cells called pancytopenia
- a decrease in the blood clotting protein prothrombin
- decreased blood platelets
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- abnormal liver function tests
- an autoimmune disease affecting small blood vessels in the body called ANCA-positive vasculitis
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Methimazole?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.